[ 3 / a / adv / an / asp / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / g / gd / int / jp / k / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / o / out / p / po / sci / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wsg / x]

/3/ - 3DCG

<< back to board
[Delete this thread]

File: bow rig.png-(51 KB, 755x475)
So in the end this is going to...
Anonymous 02/24/14(Mon)03:01 UTC+1 No.411541 Report

So in the end this is going to be used for a game. and because of that there must be only one rig, so my question is how do you combine rigs but keep the bones contol over there seperated objects.

see when i combine the rigs (select bow rig then arm rig ctrl j) i have control of the arm rig and it has its weights but i only have control of the bones of the bow.

there are two bow rigs (for weapon switching) and i'm using blender with a semi-advanced knowledge of using it
>>
Anonymous 02/24/14(Mon)08:58 UTC+1 No.411569 Report

Start again and make a separate model of your character holding the bow and not holding it. Then, when they pick up the bow in game, switch models.
>>
Anonymous 02/24/14(Mon)16:31 UTC+1 No.411614 Report

What previous poster said is one way of doing it, another is to place extra bones as weapon nodes on your skeleton
and synchronize any animation they need to execute simultaneous such as pull and release of a arrow trough scripting.

To make that happen the scripting challenge is beginner tier, but you need to consider the rigging in your 3D software and
how you ensure you get perfectly matching animation available. You often see these awkward, autistic-tier, interactions between
characters in games, for example when they're supposed to dance/hug or similar.

What you do is make this intermediate rig made specifically for recording the motion that controls both characters
so that anything that moves, moves together as one.

When you then strip down all the controllers and collapse the characters animation to their separate tracks you end up with two matching
performances, now all you have to do is ensure they start exactly the same and in exactly the right relative position.
You do this by keeping two bone nodes that both characters align themselves to before you play the animation.
A pick-up bow is a very simple example of the same type of problem. This is of course also how you would do throws in fighting games btw.
All the content on this website comes from 4chan.org. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster. 4chanArchive is not affiliated with 4chan.