[ 3 / a / adv / an / asp / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / g / gd / int / jp / k / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / o / out / p / po / sci / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wsg / x]

/3/ - 3DCG

<< back to board
[Delete this thread]

File: Screenshot_4.png-(115 KB, 1010x558)
This keeps happening in 3DSMax...
Anonymous 05/31/14(Sat)19:42 UTC+1 No.425488 Report

This keeps happening in 3DSMax and I have no idea why. The model looks fine unless I do an undo operation, at which point the whole thing corrupts and looks like this. I can't rely on autobackups because when I open those, they look the same - so 3DSMax is clearly working with the corrupt model and displaying it correctly in the viewport, or something.

Anyone know what's causing this?
>>
Anonymous 05/31/14(Sat)21:21 UTC+1 No.425504 Report

Because max is shitty at times. If you have a bunch of things on the stack including edit poly, this can happen.
>>
Anonymous 05/31/14(Sat)22:08 UTC+1 No.425519 Report

When 3ds Max is fucking things up in my scene, I usually re-import things into a new scene using Merge or XRef and hope that solves it.
>>
Anonymous 05/31/14(Sat)22:51 UTC+1 No.425531 Report

>>425504
Interesting, I'll try and keep it to editable poly / Edit Poly only from now on then.

>>425519
Unfortunately I only tend to notice this after it's already fucked up a huge portion of my model. Guess I'll try this if I keep getting problems.
All the content on this website comes from 4chan.org. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster. 4chanArchive is not affiliated with 4chan.