[ 3 / a / adv / an / asp / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / g / gd / int / jp / k / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / o / out / p / po / sci / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wsg / x]

/3/ - 3DCG - this doesn't look so bad.

<< back to board
[Delete this thread]

File: 1379079837292.jpg-(135 KB, 630x630)
this doesn't look so bad.
this doesn't look so bad. Anonymous 02/21/14(Fri)16:38 UTC+1 No.411005 Report

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DLHVTdPVDw
opinions?
>>
Anonymous 02/21/14(Fri)17:39 UTC+1 No.411011 Report

I think it's a good take on the anime look in the 3rd dimension. Just shaded surfaces, no outline, I leaned that way myself back in the days when I was into that stuff.
Celshading isn't a good look for 3D cartoons because it looks just as synthetic as it is. The function of drawn lines is to define edge, and that is something you get for free with 3D.

My personal opinion is however that 3D looks and moves to real for anime to have much of it's appeal left.
I mean even if it was executed flawlessly and a full sized anime person came walking down the street one day it'd just look uncanny.
Something volumetric and physically tangible should look like it's a creature that's part of a real world so I feel the drive for fine-arts tier realism in 3D is the best fit for the media.
>>
Anonymous 02/25/14(Tue)05:50 UTC+1 No.411691 Report

>>411011

I generally agree. However, check out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NKGPhKu3jNg#t=50
>>
Anonymous 02/25/14(Tue)06:35 UTC+1 No.411695 Report

>>411691
Oh hell yes, that was fucking nice. Once again this was something I once considered back in my celshading days,
to animate at a really low frame rate with instantaneous pose to pose transition so you get that 2D look and feel to it,
I was too shit an modeller & animator back then to realize my vision, but seeing it now I'm sursprised how cool it actually turns out.

If you gotta do anime in 3D that right there is the way to go about it
All the content on this website comes from 4chan.org. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster. 4chanArchive is not affiliated with 4chan.