[ 3 / a / adv / an / asp / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / g / gd / int / jp / k / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / o / out / p / po / sci / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wsg / x]

/adv/ - Advice - Forced to pay company for time on phone?

<< back to board
[Delete this thread]

Forced to pay company for time on phone? Anonymous 06/23/14(Mon)23:41 UTC+1 No.14410067 Report

So I manage a coffee bar within a grocery store.

One of my employees in my department, got called up to the office of the store director today.

He hasn't been charging some, nonspecific customers the 25 cents we charge for a cup of water. (Jew corporation)
It's not specific customers, it's just that we live in an area with a lot of older people and old whiny baby boomers will throw HUGE fits and give bad surveys and everything if you DARE try to charge them a quarter for a fucking cup of fucking water.

I usually charge them because I've been getting screamed at by old garbage for years, but apparently he hasn't been, for the more rowdy ones.

And he has been fucking around on his phone occasionally during his shifts (maybe a few minutes every hour)

***************HERES the point of this thread:

They want him to pay them back his wage for all the time he spent on the phone, as well as for every quarter he didn't charge for the waters. It probably doesn't add up to a lot unless they're going to count an hour for every time he pulled his phone out or some horse shit, BUT...

Is that legal? Can they really do that? How the fuck do you book keep $100 or something pulled from an employee.
Anonymous 06/24/14(Tue)00:11 UTC+1 No.14410175 Report

Anonymous 06/24/14(Tue)00:23 UTC+1 No.14410223 Report


so , they have cams on you guys? how fucking sucky is that, watching your every move looking for a reason to jew you out of your wages. that dude should go to the labor board of your state.
Anonymous 06/24/14(Tue)01:03 UTC+1 No.14410321 Report

What state do you live in??? Check their laws. Most of the time they cannot withhold pay. They can reserve their right to terminate and take you to small claim court. If the deduct him file a claim with the department of labor
All the content on this website comes from 4chan.org. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster. 4chanArchive is not affiliated with 4chan.