[ 3 / a / adv / an / asp / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / g / gd / int / jp / k / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / o / out / p / po / sci / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wsg / x]

/diy/ - Do-It-Yourself - EL HELPO

<< back to board
[Delete this thread]

EL HELPO Anonymous 05/16/14(Fri)10:34 UTC+1 No.639039 Report

anyone know anything aobut touch surfices. im trying to make a keypad that would work through a solid peace of metal (however thin). i was thinking vibration sensors or anything. i dont know shit about it but i would love to learn

pic unrelated

thanks and i owe you all handies

thanks all i owe you all handies

pic unrelated
Anonymous 05/16/14(Fri)10:47 UTC+1 No.639046 Report

- force-sensitive resistors
- piezo elements (pic related)
- strain gauges

These are more for "press" surfaces, though.
Google tells more.
Anonymous 05/16/14(Fri)10:49 UTC+1 No.639047 Report

Anonymous 05/16/14(Fri)10:52 UTC+1 No.639050 Report

shit thanks dudes. anyone have any words of wisdom on how to set em up or where to buy them. massive props though
Anonymous 05/16/14(Fri)11:05 UTC+1 No.639055 Report

yah it seems it would be hard to get any of those to suit my needs because the sensors would have to be under the metal sheet/plate and the plate would have to be seamless. i feel like the tech is deff out there though.
Anonymous 05/16/14(Fri)12:19 UTC+1 No.639071 Report

I think your best options would be an IR touch screen overlay or a projected keyboard.
Anonymous 05/16/14(Fri)13:20 UTC+1 No.639094 Report

Pretty sure a traditional resistive touch screen would work if the piece of metal were in the way.
All the content on this website comes from 4chan.org. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster. 4chanArchive is not affiliated with 4chan.