[ 3 / a / adv / an / asp / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / g / gd / int / jp / k / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / o / out / p / po / sci / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wsg / x]

/diy/ - Do-It-Yourself

<< back to board
[Delete this thread]

Anonymous 05/18/14(Sun)21:59 UTC+1 No.639999 Report

I need to replace all the ~40 year old electrolytic caps in an old amp

I asked before but no one knew, so I asked some other people, and none of them knew, so now I'm asking you guys again

How the fuck am I meant to read this? uF/V, V/uF? nF? pF?
Anonymous 05/18/14(Sun)22:26 UTC+1 No.640011 Report

My guess would be 100uF 40V, especially considering the size of the thing.
Anonymous 05/18/14(Sun)23:15 UTC+1 No.640045 Report

ROE stands for Roederstein
german made caps, looking up similar products it seems >>640011 is correct it should be 100uf at 40v

their labeling seems to be uF/V

pic related
from ebay listing for 1000uf/16v
Anonymous 05/19/14(Mon)07:54 UTC+1 No.640239 Report

> I asked before but no one knew

Bullshit. I was in that thread, and I told you exactly what all of those symbols mean. Go find the thread in the archive and re-read it.

Also, lol at that guy who got all spock on describing that capacitor in the previous thread.
Anonymous 05/19/14(Mon)08:29 UTC+1 No.640245 Report

>wondering who the hell buys decades old electrolytics
>go to ebay
How surprisingly unsurprising.
Anonymous 05/19/14(Mon)10:52 UTC+1 No.640256 Report

I do... for my tube amps. Nice Western Electric 's from the 1950's are built like tanks-M1 Abrams Tanks... still in spec.
Anonymous 05/19/14(Mon)21:09 UTC+1 No.640385 Report

You know they're fakes, right?
All the content on this website comes from 4chan.org. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster. 4chanArchive is not affiliated with 4chan.