[ 3 / a / adv / an / asp / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / g / gd / int / jp / k / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / o / out / p / po / sci / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wsg / x]

/out/ - Outdoors

<< back to board
[Delete this thread]

Anonymous 06/16/14(Mon)08:51 UTC+1 No.333668 Report

/out/

I am in the process of making my home self sufficient. I live in the desert and am trying to figure out water storage.

I do not have a way to get a well but I have a large garage and about a half acre yard.

What options do I have to store water here?
>>
Anonymous 06/16/14(Mon)09:35 UTC+1 No.333680 Report

rain waiter tanks, dumb fuck
>>
Anonymous 06/16/14(Mon)12:26 UTC+1 No.333723 Report

>>333680
>desert
>rain
>>
Anonymous 06/16/14(Mon)13:31 UTC+1 No.333736 Report

>>333723
you don't need to wait for rain to fill those tank
>>
Anonymous 06/16/14(Mon)13:58 UTC+1 No.333743 Report

>>333680
>rain waiter
>waiter

>dumb fuck
>>
Anonymous 06/16/14(Mon)21:04 UTC+1 No.333903 Report

>>333680

GTFO you 12 year old faggot
>>
Anonymous 06/18/14(Wed)05:43 UTC+1 No.334769 Report

>>333723
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Monsoon
>>
Anonymous 06/21/14(Sat)23:02 UTC+1 No.336470 Report

>>333668
move to a place where humans are supposed to live
then collect water as it literally falls from the sky into your tanks
>>
Anonymous 06/21/14(Sat)23:03 UTC+1 No.336472 Report

>>333668
>self sufficient
>desert

build a pond I guess
fill it with tap water
or move
>>
Anonymous 06/21/14(Sat)23:33 UTC+1 No.336479 Report

Check your local privileges. Catching rainwater can be illegal in certain locations.
>>
Anonymous 06/21/14(Sat)23:41 UTC+1 No.336484 Report

>>336479
Agreed.

> put in a pool
> R.O. system
> profit

I will bring beer to your pool party!
Snottsdale fag here.
>>
Anonymous 06/21/14(Sat)23:44 UTC+1 No.336486 Report

>>336479
>Catching rainwater can be illegal in certain locations.
usa = policestate
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)01:11 UTC+1 No.336510 Report

>>336486
> implying usa does water rights correctly
>implying even with USA water right legislation works

Dude we need even more here in the southwest. we're in the anthropocene wrecking shit all day erry day.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)01:14 UTC+1 No.336512 Report

>>336486
>regulations exist to protect limited resources
>hrrrr that's police state fascism nazis!
>I should just be allowed to do anything I want and everyone else can fuck off when I destroy everything 'cuz daz freedumz!
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)01:27 UTC+1 No.336514 Report

>>336479
It still baffles me that there are places where it's illegal to collect water that falls from the sky.

Blah blah, rationalizing bullshit, fuck you, no.

You don't own nature you bitch-ass municipality. Fuck off.

>>336512
It's water falling from the fucking sky, and no matter how you use it, it's going to end up returning to the cycle eventually. There is literally no valid justification for restricting collection of rainwater.

Half-brained fuckwits shouldn't be writing legislation.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)01:35 UTC+1 No.336519 Report

>>336514
>Half-brained fuckwits shouldn't be writing legislation.
And yet you're suggesting we allow you to do exactly that.

Guess what? The planet isn't simple enough that any phenomenon, in the entire world, can be reduced to a single sentence explanation without cutting out details and facts.

Conservation is not based on your "gut feeling," or "common sense." It is based on research, and science. And "lol it's all just water goes back eventually!" might be true. But we care where it goes before then, too, because we don't want the entire world to get turned into a desert.

The scientists don't always get it right. But folks like you? You guys get it wrong 100% of the time.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)01:36 UTC+1 No.336522 Report

i grew up in Hawaii, catchment systems are very common in the higher elevation areas. A few barrels aren't going to get you very far. Hawaii is obviously a different place with a much different climate but many of the same principals would apply. http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/rm-12.pdf
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)01:41 UTC+1 No.336524 Report

>>336512
>rain is a limited resource
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)01:44 UTC+1 No.336525 Report

>>336524
Are you contesting that fact?

Yeah man: there's a finite amount. It can be measured. You can even find those measurements, fairly easily. For instance, where I am? Gets an average of 46.6 inches of precipitation a year.

Do you get a paycheck, by chance? Does that mean you have unlimited money, since you're going to get another one, in the future?
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)01:48 UTC+1 No.336529 Report

>>333668
First off don't bother with barrels like in you pic by far the best bang for you buck is a cement cistern. Get a decent sized cistern and a rainwater collection system and you wont have to worry about water.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)02:03 UTC+1 No.336533 Report

>>336519
>Hurrdurr baseless insult

Yes it can. All water removed is retained, and eventually returns to the system, barring unusual circumstances, negating the relevance of water being stored for personal use.

#PoundedYourBitchAss

And guess what? Science and research are manipulated to suit political ends based on the arbitrary opinions of elected officials. Scientists don't write legislation, and until they do, this point is stupid.

Desertification doesn't have to do with water being stored temporarily for personal consumption. Try again, and this time be less moronic.

Lolbaselessinsult.

#ThatAssSoRed

>>336525
Which would be relevant if the water wasn't returned to the system within a short period. Nevermind that there's essentially no difference if the water is returned to the system directly, IE: into the ground.

#StartingToBlister
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)02:10 UTC+1 No.336535 Report

>>336533
Are you under the impression you're scoring points, somewhere? You're typing foolish things that are wrong. My insult wasn't baseless. Not allowing rain to reach the water table decreases the level of the water table. No idea why you think you can argue that fact away.

This isn't an argument, friend. I'm simply explaining things to you. The only thing you can win is a slightly improved education.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)02:13 UTC+1 No.336537 Report

>>336535
I'm a silly person normally, and I happen to be mildly intoxicated.

You are typing foolish things that are wrong! Why? BECAUSE I SAID SO.

#GetStartedOnThoseNips

You're right. It does. However, maybe my bias is showing here, but my primary interest in using collected rain water is for watering my garden, in which case it returns to the Earth, barring moisture that enters the atmosphere again.

I know what I'm talking about. You're just cocky. Unfortunately I'm disappointed in your performance.

#ToreThemOff
>>
LordIcyDick 06/22/14(Sun)02:43 UTC+1 No.336554 Report

>>336535
Drinking water from tap just so happens to reduce the total amount of water left in the reservoir

So guess what, Central water reservoirs are communist by nature, And denying me rainwater in lie of the central tap is enforced communism.

america = communist
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)03:48 UTC+1 No.336588 Report

>>333723
how fucking stupid are you that you think you can only put rain in rain water tanks?

>>333743
if i gave a fuck about spelling it wouldnt be spelled like that, dumb fuck

>>333903
why, becuase i called someone who is a dumb fuck a dumb fuck? the retard doesnt even know about bulk water storage. just like you dont, dumb fuck

>>336479
>its illegal to catch rain water

thats just pathetic, but i guess if you live in third world countries with pollution problems its for your own good. thats what you get for living in a third world shit hole.

>>336512
>rain
>a limited resource

get fucked hippy dumb fuck

>>336525
look at this retard and his mental gymnastics and diversion from the subject being discussed. typical of someone who dug themselves a hole and they cant get out again

>>336535
as above, hippy faggot
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)04:17 UTC+1 No.336595 Report

>>336588
The USA is not the third world, though.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)04:18 UTC+1 No.336596 Report

>>336595
it wasnt, but it is now.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)05:30 UTC+1 No.336625 Report

>>336537
> Look at this niggah
> Probably lives in some place that gets loadzarain
>Doesn't realize Colorado river doesn't even reach the gulf of mexico anymore
>doesn't realize southwest is in MEGA DROUGHT

Think about it, water rights/ water cycle is a big deal in the south west. Now if one douchelord uses a rain bucket that sucks but if everyone and their mom uses rainbuckets we would greatly impact our water resources.

You don't go hunting durr when it ain't durr season for a similar reason. We don't usually have bitches whining about that situation, why is this a different case ?
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)05:45 UTC+1 No.336626 Report

>>333668

/out/ is usually friendly but jesus you guys are sensitive when it comes to rainwater.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)06:47 UTC+1 No.336638 Report

>>336525
it will rain forever until the planet is too hot for water to condense into liquid.

are you retarded? It's "limited" yeah but so is the existence of the cosmos if you want to be an insufferable pedant.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)06:49 UTC+1 No.336639 Report

>>336596
No, it's not. Not by any actually used definition of third world.

>>336625
I do get lots of rain. Hell, the local water source is a massive fuckoff lake that provides functionally limitless water. Of course over the last decade or whenever we've reduced water use per household by 50%.

>>Doesn't realize Colorado river doesn't even reach the gulf of mexico anymore
The fuck is this even supposed to mean? Colorado hasn't gotten up and moved as far as I know.

I realize there's a massive drought going on. That doesn't change the nature of my argument.

No it won't. Water will be collected, and temporarily removed from the water cycle. It will either A) Get returned directly to the water cycle, or B) Get sent down a drain where it will enter the municipal water filtration plant, whereupon returning excess water to the water cycle is the municipalities' problem. And it will because evaporation, leakage, etc.

Water and deer are different issues. The only reason hunting deer is ever valid is because you've wiped out the animals that limit deer population, so the deer population is constantly trying to enter a boom-bust cycle that would cause massive problems, and can only be restrained by hunting them.

And it's an issue because policies with regards to rainwater collection are fucking retarded, and no-one here has made a valid argument for why temporary collection of rainwater is harmful. It's not like people are stockpiling mass quantities of rainwater. They're collecting it for use, whereupon it either gets returned to the cycle and has had no effect, or it's pushed down drains, whereupon it gets handled and returned to the cycle anyways. It's not like your drains export water to China.

It seems more likely to me that the closest valid explanation is that municipalities don't want to have to pay for plants to be able to handle excess volumes of water in their water purification facilities that would otherwise just drain to the water table.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)06:53 UTC+1 No.336641 Report

>>336639
Okay, ignore what I said about Colorado. Apparently I managed to not notice the word "river" in that sentence.

Still, collecting rainwater means less water needs to be drawn out of, you know, things like the Colorado river.

You still need to make a valid argument for why collecting rainwater has any real effect.

All I've heard so far is "lolol it does cause scientists lol," and "lolol because it removes water from the cycle lol," both of which I've already addressed adequately.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)07:37 UTC+1 No.336653 Report

>>336639
The water that evaporates after being used won't all fall as rain or snow in the same watershed. It doesn't remove water from the earth overall but it does exacerbate the drought in that area.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)08:17 UTC+1 No.336656 Report

>>333668
You probably will never be fully independent of outside water sources. If you don't mind tying up most of your garage floorspace you could bring in 8 UBC water totes. I've seen them for as low as $200. They hold 275 gallons each, so 8 will give you a year's worth of water.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)08:27 UTC+1 No.336657 Report

>>336639
>The only reason hunting deer is ever valid is because you've wiped out the animals that limit deer population

No. Deer are a game animal. There are many valid reasons for hunting them. Population control is a side effect of hunting, which is nothing more than a form of predation. Using population control as the primary justification for hunting is indicative of failed wildlife management policies.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)09:48 UTC+1 No.336672 Report

>>336653
Okay, evidence this has an actual measurable and meaningful effect?

>>336657
No.
Don't give a fuck what you call them.
Then feel free to list reasons that justify Human predation of animals existing in ecosystems we've already royally fucked over.
Population control is the ONLY justification for hunting. Livestock are more efficient.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)09:51 UTC+1 No.336673 Report

>>336672
>Okay, evidence this has an actual measurable and meaningful effect?
The Colorado River no longer reaches the Gulf of Mexico because so much water from it is used for irrigation.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)10:40 UTC+1 No.336685 Report

>>336673
When you figure out how to surpass your crippling idiocy, feel free to try again.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)12:18 UTC+1 No.336708 Report

>>336639
>336639
the definiton hasnt been the same since the wall came down, dumb fuck.

usa is not first world, its third world

>>336672
>Population control is the ONLY justification for hunting.

justification to who? you? why should anyone give a fuck what you think about what they do?
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)12:35 UTC+1 No.336710 Report

>>336519
List of countries by carbon dioxide emissions (in thousands of tonnes)
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)13:01 UTC+1 No.336715 Report

>>336708
>the definiton hasnt been the same since the wall came down, dumb fuck.
>usa is not first world, its third world

Because you happen to be fucking retarded, I'll quote you what I said, so you can reread it and spend a few hours figuring out why you're a fucking retard.

>Not by any actually used definition of third world.
>any actually used definition of third world.
>any

>justification to who? you? why should anyone give a fuck what you think about what they do?

Justification to anyone with a fucking brain.
This isn't an argument. This is retarded horse shit.

You're a troll aren't you? Get off my lawn before I burn it down.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)13:13 UTC+1 No.336718 Report

another /out/ thread destroyed by shitposting on both sides

thanks you guys
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)13:33 UTC+1 No.336724 Report

>>336718
Seriously.

OP- look for IBC totes, or 275 gallon totes. You can find them free, or cheap, but the food grade plastic ones can get expensive. They are much easier to fill and store than drums.

I'd think a rainwater system that fills them could be pretty simply with gutters and PVC. Then a little bleach or something to keep them from growing shit.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)13:43 UTC+1 No.336725 Report

>85257
> total rainfall this month 0.00"
> total rainfall this year 0.99"
> max temp yesterday 108*F
> max predicted temp today through Thusday 108*F, clear, no precipitation

Source: NOAA Weather Radio
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)14:15 UTC+1 No.336733 Report

>>336715
>he doesnt understand that he is using the old definition and not the culturally accepted new definition

it even says so on wikipedia, dumb fuck

>Justification to anyone with a fucking brain.
still doesnt answer my question, how about you be specific, who are these people with brains that i need to justify my actions to, dumb fuck? can you name them? can you please do this for me so you dont look quite as retarded as you do now?

>>336718
its always the hippy faggots fault. always.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)14:19 UTC+1 No.336735 Report

>>336639
The real reason there are restrictions on rainwater collection is the government doesn't want you to have any control over THEIR water.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)14:26 UTC+1 No.336737 Report

>>336733
>Thinks some arbitrary "new new" definition is actually culturally relevant.

>Doesn't understand that actions require justification, and that no person has the right to live without the scrutiny of their peers when they act in the public forum.

You've failed to give any actual argument. The only thing you've done is attempt to displace the burden of proof.

Fuck off.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)15:10 UTC+1 No.336747 Report

>>336725
Ah, facts! Notice there is no debate on these.

The truth is collecting rainwater off your roof is unenforceable, the law was written to protect the watershed accumulation by illegal damming and diversions of floodplains, washes and arroyos.

The Range Wars are not a distant memory for those who still make a living off the land, i.e. farmers and ranches. People have been shpt for water theft and there is no issue more hottly contested than water rights innadesert.

> 2014 not studying paleoagriclture of the Anasazi, Sinagua and Hohokom indians
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)15:11 UTC+1 No.336749 Report

>>336479
I keep hearing this rumor. Can you actually name someplace that regulates rainwater? Show me a law that says "thou shalt not catch rainwater for thine own use". Or words to that effect
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)15:19 UTC+1 No.336753 Report

>>336737
>arbitrary

its accepted by society, your just being an edgy little hippy for the sake of it

hope you enjoy

again, who do i have to justify myself to? why do i have to justify it?

still waiting for an answer, edgy little hippy
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)15:22 UTC+1 No.336755 Report

>>336733
>it even says so on wikipedia, dumb fuck

In other words, because you said so. I can make wikipedia say anything I want, too.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)15:26 UTC+1 No.336758 Report

> itt, "Like that's just your opinion, man."
> source The Dude
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)15:37 UTC+1 No.336764 Report

SoCalfag here.
I think holding water in huge reservoirs is the dumbfuckest way of storing it. These are literally man-made lakes that are completely exposed; much of the stored water is lost due to evaporation from sun, heat, wind, etc. I know that having massive storage tanks would look ugly as sin, but we should really find a better way of holding our water. Maybe inject it into the ground or something and make an aquefer that can later be tapped? IDK that's just my two cents.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)15:43 UTC+1 No.336765 Report

>>336753
Except it isn't, and saying it is doesn't change that.

Failed to make an argument when possessin the burden of proof. Troll.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)16:02 UTC+1 No.336767 Report

>>336764
Here's a thought, how about you socalfags stop building "lakeside" communities, golf courses, unsustainable lawns, washing your cars and generally wasting your share of the Colorado River?

Prediction:the new millionares in CA will be the farmers with grandfathered water rights that fallow thier feilds and sell thier water to overpopulated, unsustainable cities...
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)17:07 UTC+1 No.336786 Report

>>333668
OP, desert rat here. I've hauled water for over twenty years. Here's the breakdown:

Source. You're on your own here.T

Transport. 1 gallon = 8#'s, you'll need a truck and a big tank.

Storage. You'll need another big tank, bigger is better.

Transfer. Pipes, hoses and pumps and such. Gravity feed is nice, if you can do it.

Sterilization. There are many methods.

Distribution. Tap into your home system, again, gravity feed is prefered to an artificially pressurized system.

Back up system. Do it.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)17:18 UTC+1 No.336790 Report

>>336765
>it isnt
>says i have burden of proof despite this being common knowledge
>playing dumb because he doesnt want to get proven wrong

sure, heres the proof

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_World

>After the fall of the Soviet Union, the term "First World" arguably took on a new meaning, coming to be largely synonymous with developed countries.

whats that? is that the sound of you digging yourself deeper? hows it feel down there, edgy little hippy faggot
you mean you dont accept it? you know it is, even wikipeida says it

your being an edgy hippy faggot for the sake of it, kid

now tell me again why every single hunter has to justify themselves to you, has to follow exactly what you say and do what you say
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)17:26 UTC+1 No.336793 Report

>>336767
>Here's a thought, how about you socalfags stop building "lakeside" communities, golf courses, unsustainable lawns, washing your cars and generally wasting your share of the Colorado River?

You mean all the new money asshats who flock in from everywhere else? I've been saying for years that California should tighten up their immigration policies. At least make it so you can't run for office here unless you were born here. With that one simple change we could have avoided Arnold, Barbara Boxer, and Leland Yee.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)17:27 UTC+1 No.336794 Report

>>336790
You're mistaking posturing and facts.

Rainwater collection either can or does reduces the amount of rainwater reaching the local watershed.

That's a very simple, easily demonstrable fact. Take a glass of water, and pour it on the ground. Note that the water is absorbed by the ground. Now take a glass of water and pour it down the sink. Note that the water is not absorbed by the ground.

No amount of political he-hawing on your part changes simple facts. This isn't a debate. Your political positions are not relevant. Your attempt to construct arguments cannot alter facts, in any way.

You are simply wrong. No amount of contrary opinions, beliefs, arguments, or insult-hurling can change simple facts: rain falling on the ground enters the local watershed. Rain that is not allowed to fall on the ground may or may not enter the local watershed. Therefore, to ensure that the water enters the local watershed, we ensure that the rain falls on the ground in areas where the local watershed is in need of protecting from the possibility of its depletion.

You can learn, or you can bluster. But it's not an argument, and there's nothing for you to win. Because nothing you say can ever change simple facts.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)17:30 UTC+1 No.336796 Report

>>336794
>going on about rain water when i proved him wrong about first world defintion
>going on about rain water instead of asnwering my question about his meaning of the justification of hunters

you fucking retarded hippy? or did you get so BTFO you have to drone on about something i havnt mentioned once in this thread?
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)17:38 UTC+1 No.336800 Report

>>336796
Not the guy you'd been talking to. Turns out there are more than two people on the internet.
>you get so BTFO
You seem to think that factual arguments can be won through argumentation. They can't. Facts don't change, no matter how insulting you are. Even if you were constructing intelligent arguments? You can't actually change facts, regardless of the rhetorical skills of the person you're discussing them with. There seems to be this weird internet obsession with pretending that arguments trump facts. They don't.

Are you the one who claimed the USA isn't a first world country? Because that's wrong.

I don't care about anything hunting-related, as long as you're following local regulations.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)17:43 UTC+1 No.336801 Report

>>336800
if your not that guy why the fuck are you droning on at me about something im not even talking about? you fucking delusional or what? hippy asked for proof. i posted proof proving him wrong. i asked him to explain what his meaning on his bullshit about justification was. then you come along talking about some bullshit about facts being right, its shit i dont give a fuck about.

how about you fuck off and mind your own business, unless you want to actually discuss why you are a dumb delusional hippy faggot. then go ahead

next time read my posts before you reply to me, dumb fuck
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)17:57 UTC+1 No.336803 Report

>>336801
So this wasn't your post? >>336639

Because yes, yes it was.

>>336733
>its always the hippy faggots fault. always.
Pretty sure that was, too. Which is a statement you've demonstrably proven to us doesn't resemble truth, in any way.

May it's time to head back to >>>/pol/, for a bit, and cool off. You're getting a little too excited, friend.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)17:59 UTC+1 No.336806 Report

>>336803
>not same posting style

how fucking stupid are you? thats the guy who told me my definition is wrong

you know what, it is you, you are samefagging. same fucking posting style as you

fuck off retarded hippy troll, as i said, read my fucking posts before you reply to me

>so mad he cant even finish the word maybe

yea, get fucked hippy faggot
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)18:00 UTC+1 No.336807 Report

>>336803
>0/10

If not a troll then you are a genuine retard.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)19:19 UTC+1 No.336833 Report

>>336479

Hee-hee, yeah goy, you have to buy David Shekelstein's magic fluoride water. Its good for your teeth, goy!!
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)19:21 UTC+1 No.336835 Report

>>336794
Why is it not allowed for plants then?
Most plants lose most of the water they get through their leaves.

It's just like evaporation, only it isn't wasted on the concrete.
>>
Anonymous 06/22/14(Sun)19:23 UTC+1 No.336836 Report

>>336512

Rabbi, pls. Catching a bit of rain water wont impact anything. It will get used up, evaporated, and returned to the system.
>>
Anonymous 06/23/14(Mon)01:05 UTC+1 No.336993 Report

>>336790
The irony being that wikipedia confirms my argument.
You're a troll. Feel free to moan on some more, but if you're actually just that cripplingly retarded, you shouldn't be involved in society anyway.

>>336794
Water that goes down the drain goes to treatment facilities whereupon it's their problem how they return excess to the environment. Not all collected rainwater goes down drains either. In any case, if the municipality is that concerned with water entering the watershed it originated in, they can resolve that. Telling individuals that they're not allowed to collect rain is unacceptably draconian. Domestic rainwater collection is not a significant factor in desertification. Deal with it.

Also my lulz when the retard thinks we're the same person.

>>336800
You have to demonstrate proof of :"facts," otherwise they're not facts. Even if you can demonstrate, or we assume that you're correct, you still have to demonstrate that it has a meaningful effect to justify policy changes that restrict the freedoms of individuals. Otherwise you are being arbitrary and tyrannical,and it is the duty of the righteous to cleanse the malignancy.

>>336801
I still love how people like to label people they disagree with arbitrary things, like "hippy." I'm not a hippy, by any stretch. Anyone who actually took the time to examine my opinions would understand that. I realize you're either a troll, or brain-damaged, but the thing is, there are people who seriously do this shit.

>>336806
And now the retard thinks we're the same person again. We're not.
Why do people resort to this bullshit on the internet? "Oh you're just the same person," etc. etc. That's not an argument. It's the cowardly scurrying of someone who knows they're wrong.
>>
Anonymous 06/23/14(Mon)01:07 UTC+1 No.336995 Report

>>336794
>>336993
And to clarify, if you can demonstrate that it does have a meaningful effect, I will likely alter my views. Until then, however, I see no justification for the limiting of freedoms.

I'm just moderately libertarian that way.
>>
Anonymous 06/23/14(Mon)03:28 UTC+1 No.337044 Report

>>336993
no, it doesnt. it literally says what i linked, which proves you wrong

here it is again, dumb fuck

>After the fall of the Soviet Union, the term "First World" arguably took on a new meaning, coming to be largely synonymous with developed countries.

and again because you cant read

>After the fall of the Soviet Union, the term "First World" arguably took on a new meaning, coming to be largely synonymous with developed countries.

and again just to make sure

>After the fall of the Soviet Union, the term "First World" arguably took on a new meaning, coming to be largely synonymous with developed countries.

you see what it says yet? nope? ok then

>After the fall of the Soviet Union, the term "First World" arguably took on a new meaning, coming to be largely synonymous with developed countries.

>act like a hippy
>get called out on it
>IM NOT A HIPPY

you still havnt explained why i need your justification to hunt

you wont tell me because you dug yourselg a big fat hole, hippy faggot

>samefags
>gets called out on it

absolutely fucking pathetic
>>
Anonymous 06/23/14(Mon)03:51 UTC+1 No.337063 Report

>>337044
The USA is a developed country. Any argument to the contrary is wrong.

The irony when you're such a cowardly bitch that you have to resort to deflecting responsibility, false bravado, empty insults, and making up horse shit about me being someone else in order to distract from the fact you've yet to make an actual argument.

And I'm clearly not that other person. You can tell by how we disagree with each other.

Anyways, that's all I'm saying. If you can't put on your big boy pants, you're not worth any more of my time.
>>
Anonymous 06/23/14(Mon)03:56 UTC+1 No.337066 Report

>>337063
>call you out on the definition of first world
>you ignore it and go on about the USA
>still trying to damage control his samefag attempts

wow you really are fucking delusional
>>
Anonymous 06/23/14(Mon)04:12 UTC+1 No.337077 Report

>>337063
>>337066

I wish both of you would die. Fuck you guys.

I think you're actually both in agreement that the US is first/world developed too, but still arguing over autismal details. Which took up like 1/2 or more of the posts in this thread. Great job.
>>
Anonymous 06/23/14(Mon)04:55 UTC+1 No.337119 Report

>>336764
>I know that having massive storage tanks would look ugly as sin
Third world fag here, this is how we store rain water.
>>
Anonymous 06/23/14(Mon)05:59 UTC+1 No.337154 Report

>>337119
This is basically the only way to store water.

Just figure out how frequently you can add water to storage, and how much, then figure out how much water you need to cover the interim period. Then take that number, probably double it (for security), and figure out how to get some kind of container or containers that can store that much water. Then get them, hook it up, and you're done.
>>
Anonymous 06/23/14(Mon)06:33 UTC+1 No.337161 Report

>>336767
>the new millionares in CA will be the farmers with grandfathered water rights that fallow thier feilds and sell thier water to overpopulated, unsustainable cities...
So the NCR then?
>>
Anonymous 06/23/14(Mon)14:01 UTC+1 No.337234 Report

>>336749
it's not, it's a myth
it's regulated in some states, meaning they put taxes on rainwater collection gear and stuff like that

the only places I know of where it was ever illegal is Bolivia, where they completely privatize water in 1990, following ridiculous prize increases whereafter people started collecting rainwater
the companies now owning the water supplies pressured the government because they were losing money over this, hence rainwater collecting was outlawed
that's all over 20 years ago now, so I don't think it's still the case
>>
Anonymous 06/23/14(Mon)15:31 UTC+1 No.337266 Report

>>336749
some states get 90%+ of their water from surface, so it is essential for rain water to not be collected/harvested
>>
Anonymous 06/23/14(Mon)16:20 UTC+1 No.337287 Report

>>336749
SB32 in Utah:
73-3-1.5. Capture and store precipitation. 52 (1) As used in this section, "parcel" means an identifiable contiguous unit of property 53 that is treated as separate for valuation or zoning purposes and includes an improvement on 54 that unit of property.
55 (2) Notwithstanding Section 73-3-2, a person may: 56 (a) directly capture and store precipitation on a parcel owned or leased by the person in 57 accordance with Subsection (3) or (4); and - 2 -
Enrolled Copy S.B. 32 58 (b) place the water captured and stored as provided in Subsection (2)(a) to beneficial 59 use on the parcel on which the water is captured and stored. 60 (3) If a person collects or stores precipitation in an underground storage container, the 61 person may collect and store precipitation: 62 (a) in only one underground storage container for a parcel if the underground storage 63 container:
64 (i) has a maximum capacity of no more than 2,500 gallons; and 65 (ii) is installed in accordance with relevant building codes adopted under Title 58, 66 Chapter 56, Utah Uniform Building Standards Act; and 67 (b) after registering for the capture and storage of precipitation in accordance with 68 Subsection (5). 69 (4) If a person collects or stores precipitation in a covered storage container, the person 70 may collect and store precipitation in no more than two covered storage containers, if the 71 maximum storage capacity of any one covered storage container is not greater than 100 gallons. 72 (5) (a) The state engineer shall provide a website on which a person may register as 73 required by Subsection (3). 74 (b) To register, a person shall complete information required by the state engineer 75 including the: 76 (i) name and address of the person capturing or storing precipitation; 77 (ii) total capacity of all containers storing precipitation; and 78 (iii) (iii) street address or other suitable description of the location where precipitation is to 79 be captured and stored.
>>
Anonymous 06/23/14(Mon)16:21 UTC+1 No.337288 Report

>>337287
So yes--regulations exist (deleted the line breaks--the ascending numbers from 52 count up each line in the original bill, which you can find googling Utah SB32)
>>
Anonymous 06/24/14(Tue)00:07 UTC+1 No.337456 Report

>>337288
Register your rain buckets, but take my gun from my dead cold hand!
All the content on this website comes from 4chan.org. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster. 4chanArchive is not affiliated with 4chan.