[ 3 / a / adv / an / asp / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / g / gd / int / jp / k / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / o / out / p / po / sci / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wsg / x]

/trv/ - Travel

<< back to board
[Delete this thread]

Anonymous 07/29/14(Tue)04:30 UTC+1 No.880059 Report

If one were to work in China with a student visa, is there a high chance they'll be caught?

If so, what are the consequences?
Anonymous 07/29/14(Tue)05:36 UTC+1 No.880076 Report


The penalty for everything in China is death.
Anonymous 07/29/14(Tue)06:14 UTC+1 No.880079 Report

a lot of people worked with a student visa but you would be working for a pittance (even less so in china)
AsianAnonInNJ 07/29/14(Tue)10:12 UTC+1 No.880141 Report

A Japanese man got death penalty for 'smuggling drugs.' The real truth is they found out he's a Japanese and a Shinzo Abe supporter so they silenced him
Anonymous 07/29/14(Tue)15:48 UTC+1 No.880233 Report

Chances of getting caught would vary wildly.

Penalties for breaking the law in Asia tend to be draconian by western standards, but for breaking the terms of the via I'd imagine the most likely penalty would be expulsion with a mark on your file that you can't go back.

Rather than rely on my guesses, though, I'd invest the time it took you to make this thread over at a site called "Google.com."
http://lawandborder.com/faq-new-china-visa-law/ 07/29/14(Tue)15:52 UTC+1 No.880235 Report

For a foreigner who engages in “unauthorized employment” (????), a fine of 5000 to 20,000 RMB will be imposed. In serious circumstances, detention of five to 15 days may also be imposed. (EEAL, art. 80). Prior rules allowed fines not exceeding 1000 RMB but not detention. (Implementing Rules for the Foreigner Entry-Exit Administration Law, promulgated by the Ministries of Public Security and Foreign Affairs, April 24, 2010 art. 44.)

Persons or companies that illegally employ foreigners may be fined 10,000 RMB per foreigner, not to exceed a total of 100,000 RMB. Any illegal gains may be confiscated. (EEAL, art. 80). Prior rules allowed for fines not exceeding 50,000 RMB. (2010 Implementing Rules, art. 44). On a related note, if a foreign entity uses a foreign national (or a PRC citizen) to establish a representative office or conduct business activities of a representative office without registration, the registration authority may order it to suspend activities and impose a penalty of RMB 50,000 to 200,000. (Administrative Regulations on the Registration of Resident Representative offices of Foreign Enterprises, art. 35).

Persons or companies who introduce jobs to ineligible foreigners may be fined 5,000 RMB per job, not to exceed a total of 50,000 RMB for a person or 100,000 RMB for a company. Any illegal gains may be confiscated. (EEAL, art. 80).

Foreigners who have violated the immigration law may be given a deadline to depart voluntarily, if appropriate, or deported. A person who has been deported is not allowed to reenter for one to five, or 10 years in the case of “severe” violations. (EEAL, arts. 62 and 81). A foreign national is responsible to pay the costs related to his or her own deportation. If the foreigner is unable to afford the expenses and engaged in illegal employment, the work unit or individual employing the alien is responsible. (State Council regs, art. 32).
Anonymous 07/30/14(Wed)04:00 UTC+1 No.880650 Report


Lol is that true. Btw, what kind of visa do you have
AsianAnonInNJ 07/30/14(Wed)06:05 UTC+1 No.880692 Report

student visa

I'm pretty chill with the immigration officers at the local immigration & customs office in Nanjing. Instead of taking a week from the annual visa renewal process, they deduct 2 days for me
Anonymous 07/30/14(Wed)06:15 UTC+1 No.880699 Report


Do you work in China with it? How many months do they give you until you have renew it
AsianAnonInNJ 07/30/14(Wed)17:05 UTC+1 No.880883 Report

No, I do study.. however I can easily get a English teacher position since I speak both English & chinese.. I also look chinese.

Usually, the immigration officer gives you a call a month prior to your visa becoming expired. I get a good 12 months so I don't have to hassle around university, visa renewal & university registration
All the content on this website comes from 4chan.org. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster. 4chanArchive is not affiliated with 4chan.